Growing up on a ranch in Eastern Oregon, enjoying continuous interaction with the beauty of God’s creation, and being raised in a thoroughly Irish Catholic family provided the source of my love for the Blessed Mother, the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the Sacraments, and of my vocation as a Catholic School teacher. After graduating from Gonzaga University and teaching religious education in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles for two years, I moved to Boise and began teaching at Sacred Heart. I have enjoyed teaching students in grades five through eight. Currently, I am teaching 5th grade religion, language arts, science, social studies, and 8th grade religion. While the 5th graders inspire me with their energy and sense of wonder and awe, the 8th graders’ creativity and thought-provoking theology questions, discussions, and service projects bring me great hope for the future of our Church and world.
mjoyce (at) sacredheartboise (dot) com
Classroom: Each child is made in the image and likeness of God. Therefore, each is deserving of Divine respect. To encourage a joyful and respectful atmosphere within the classroom and school, I strive to assist students to be responsible, self-disciplined, and self-confident.
Catholic Faith: I believe that it is important to help our students to further understand and value the richness and traditions of our Catholic Faith. I try to encourage my students to develop their own sense of spirituality and Christian action. I hope to promote their spiritual growth as well as an understanding of their influence regarding the common good.
- Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies and Elementary Education from Gonzaga University
- Continuing education through Northwest Nazarene, Boise State University, University of Idaho and Gonzaga University
- Certified in Computer Technology through the College of Education at Boise State University
- Certified in Reading Literacy from the University of Idaho
- Certification in Mathematical Thinking for Instruction
- Advanced Catechist Certification Diocese of Boise
Coordinator and Committees:
- Spirituality Board Representative
- Vocation Awareness Committee
- Catholic Schools’ Week Committee
- Spirituality Accreditation Committee
- Special Mass and Altar Server Co-Coordinator
- Director for Living Stations, Seder Meal, and May Crowning
- 8th Grade Retreat
- Geography Bee